Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My Daughter Picked This Name

My daughter has been begging me to make her a pearl necklace for the longest time. I made this one specifically for her to celebrate June, the month of pearls.

Keira is strung with 8mm freshwater pearls and clear seedbeads and finished with a lobster clasp. It comes in several sizes including 21", 18", and 16" choker. It is shown here in the 16" choker length.
When I asked my daughter what we should name the necklace she said, "Keira". It made me laugh since she names everything Keira.
Everyday for the past year she has pretended she was a baby of some different animal and could be heard saying, "Pretend I am a baby kitten that was just born today names Keira!"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful

Anonymous said...

kids are very amazing... and the necklace is beautiful

Anonymous said...

It is simple, beautiful and just plain lovely. Reminds me of the first pearl neckalce my uncle gave me when I was a Year old. I still have it. Pearls are special. Innocent.

Anonymous said...

I'm with keni.

Anonymous said...

I remember my first pearl. I had told my boyfriend that I wanted to choose my clam over at Sea World to find a pearl, but we never did it because of the lack of funds, lol. Well, fast forward 6 months in December. I was over there for Christmas, and we were opening up our gifts. Just him and I. Really romantic. The last gift was a small one. I unwrapped it and saw a jewelry box. My heart skipped a beat. When I opened it, it was a pearl inside a gold circle with 5 diamonds around it attached to a chain. I was speechless, and tears were being shed. Sadly the chain broke, but I still have my pearl and my 5 baby diamonds. I love him so much! hehe. Nancy

Anonymous said...

Is your daughter 5 or 6? My daughter is 6, and everything starts with "Pretend...."

Anonymous said...

Well done! I just love pearls and anything from the sea...

"Men of the sea~ bring back to me~
Treasures from the deep, while I'm asleep....." A very haunting theme

This is the theme from Rick Stein's cooking show, wish I knew where to buy in in Australia, seeing he is in Cornwall, England!

Anonymous said...

Got to love them pearls.... :)

Stephanie Willson's Jewelry Blog said...

Thank you for all of your comments. They were very fun to read and special too. My daughter is 6 years old turning 7 in September. I love your stories. Pearls are wonderful, organic, and beautiful. Thank you for the kind comments!